Alright, well I’m sitting in the parking lot warming up the car today. I rev the engine in park and only see a max of about 4000 RPM, while I felt an assload of torque from the engine. It basically felt like the engine was going to hit the hood of the car. It’ll get to 4000 RPM and then you’ll hear something to the effect of not enough air, so like it’s not going through the muffler correctly? I don’t know. Now I sit here searching for an answer for the reason that may happen. I noticed a few days ago that while driving I couldn’t pass 4000 RPM will out feeling something weird. Suggestions?
My thoughts are that:
- There is not enough air getting into the engine as the RPMs increase.
- It could also be the air filter, fuel filter.
- The exhaust itself is 3″ instead of 2.5″ as on most V6 Firebird/Camaro’s creating bad back-pressure.
- All this speculation aboveÂ leads me to think it just needs a larger intake vavle (but possible fail NJ emission tests if I do that)?
- At worst it would be the transmission or the engine-block themselves. But lets hope not.
In all, this car does require a tune up when I find time to take it to a shop. Maybe that’ll take care of it? It’s unable to take the full force of the engine so it drops? Eh. I’m lost. Almost as bad as E&M.